Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Honey Burgers

             One thing I wanted to write about from the start was recipes.  Now I don't mean copying and pasting recipes that I find tasty.  I want to create my own.  I love coming up with new foods.  My theory is:  Anyone can read a cookbook, but I want to create and be original.  Currently, I am on a quest to create the perfect burger.  This is my first try so I will have to wait to see how the next round goes.
Honey Burgers

                                           2 lb. ground hamburger
                                           1/2 lb. ground sausage
                                           1/2 c. dry Oatmeal
                                           1 tbsp. honey
                                           1 tsp. dry basil 
                                           1/2 tsp. chili powder
                                           2 tsp. garlic salt
                                           1 tbsp. french onion soup mix
                                           1/4 c. chopped chili peppers
                                           1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
                                           1 1/2 tbsp. liquid smoke  
              Mix It all up in a bowl.  Make into approx. 15 patties.  Fry them in a pan.  Eat them.  Simple?  I fixed mine up with home made bread, mayonase, ketchup, Curly's BBQ sauce, tomatoes, Farmer's cheese, onions, and lettuce.
             
              This is experimental so there are a few things that I will change for next time.  I fried them this round due to a lack of time, but I am sure they would be better grilled.  I like putting honey in food, not only for flavor, but also just because I can.  One problem is the honey caramelizes and burns, making the burgers look burnt before they are actually done.  The honey could probably be skipped, but I do like the flavor an awful much to skip it.  Secondly, the chilies did not add the heat I would have liked.  I will try canned jalapenos next time.  I also tried using toasted bread for the first time.   I liked it very much.  Also,  I am sure bacon in the sandwich would be good as well.  If you did that, the sausage could probably be skipped.  I cannot force you to make it, but I would be honored if someone would make some and give me an honest opinion on them.    
             
                    Peace and Love ~ Jonny
                                 







No comments:

Post a Comment